Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary to my handsome hubby, Dave! I love you, boo! Can't believe it's only been 6 years since we said, "I DO!" Seems like we have been together for EVER! We said our vows in front of our friends and family on a BEAUTIFUL afternoon, on Jan. 18th, 2008.

I will always remember the moment my daddy walked me down the aisle. We had been setting the venue up for "the big day" and I mentally prepared all day for the moment and I was SO NERVOUS to walk down the aisle. There was so much build up. I clutched so tightly to my dads arm and my heart was racing while I waited for the harpist's musical cue.  When the gate opened and I could see David, ALL the panic disappeared. I couldn't hear anything. I remember noticing the decorations and sunlight beating off the water behind David and I thought it all looked so magical and better then I could have dreamed.
I remember almost nothing about our wedding ceremony after that moment. The only part I remember (sharply I might add) is when David interrupted the ceremony and took a shot of tequila! haha---Larry looked at him and said, "Are you ready, now?" and he smiled the silliest smile and said, "ok, let's do this" haha!  The entire ceremony felt like it took 10sec! It flew by and I felt like my dreams were coming true. I couldn't wait to start out this chapter of life....I FINALLY (after so many years of being his "girlfriend") get to be David's wife!!! (MRS. QUEZADA!!!) What an honor! 

The rest of the evening and days proceeding were so awesome! What great memories....definitely ones I will cherish for ever!




 Every year for our anniversary, we go back to The Raven and enjoy lunch or dinner where we had our wedding. It's a lot of fun, because we always talk about our wedding and our favorites memories while we are enjoying our meals. We have always sit at a different table and it's neat to relive what it was like the evening of our special day. The room looks the same, minus all the wedding decor, so it kinda brings us back :) Last night we had dinner right at sunset and sat by the fireplace in the spot where our beautiful wedding cake was on display :)



No comments:

Post a Comment