Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Non-Baker's Sugar Cookie


I am not a baker. I, for some reason, can NOT bake! It is my "Achilles heel" in the kitchen. Well, since I rarely bake, I am ALWAYS missing the necessary ingredients to make even the most basic baked good. Today Andrew and I were talking and he wanted to make cookies.  HMMM...what to do. I glanced through a few of my recipes and of course EVERY RECIPE I ran across needed ingredients I didn't have in my cabinet. Never fear, we can Google! I typed in "Sugar cookie recipes made with less than 5 ingredients".

I found this one: Butter -check, Sugar -check, Egg -check, Flour -check and Salt -check. Easy enough. The kiddos helped me and within a half an hour, we were eating cookies.

What You Need:
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 large egg
3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Preparation:
Mix and cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix until creamy. Add flour and salt and mix until smooth. Roll in small balls; flatten with glass dipped in sugar (I added cinnamon as well and the kids cut them into shapes).

Make very thin.

Bake at 350°F until edges start to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment